Step One: Where?
Before you start to think about decorating the table for Christmas, you will need to consider the following:
- The location of your Christmas dinner/function.
- How many guest will you have?
- Inside or out?
- How many tables will you need to decorate?
Step Two: Colour and theme
- Choose a colour theme for your dining area. (For example: Blue and silver, snowflake, Santa, Nordic etc)
Step Three: Add a selection of the following
- Table centres (candles, flowers, mini Xmas trees, ornaments)
- Table cloths to match your colour theme
- Placements to match your colour theme
- Table runners to match your colour theme
- Serviettes/Napkins to match your colour theme
- Seat covers
- Seat cushions
- Window dressings.
- Lighting and room ornaments
Hints & Tips
- When decorating the dinning area, ensure that centre pieces are subtle and do not obscure guests’ views of each other, or restrict table room for utensils, condiments and food.
- Keep outdoor decorations simple and weather proof.
- Gather any candles you may have in the house. You can set them up all together with a bit of tinsel or greenery (if you have any) to add to the Christmassy feel.
- Even bits and pieces of different coloured glassware can be made to looks Christmassy.
- Don’t forget flowers and greenery from the garden. These can really brighten a table.
- Sometimes less can be more. Small touches (a set of candles or glass ornaments) can be much more appealing than loads of tinsel and tat