January is about packing up Christmas
- Carefully pack away decorations and the tree
- Work out what cards you may want to keep and which will be recycled
- Check all wrapping and boxes and keep what you can to use next time
- Make a list of who sent you cards and presents to ensure that they are included on your list for next Christmas
- Buy Christmas cards and paper – now on sale and usually at half price (Scottish heritage issue).
- Discard any old, unwanted or broken decorations,ornaments, trees etc.
- Serviceable unwanted decorations may be suitable for donations to charities.
- Check all remaining left overs and throw out anything which has not been appropriately wrapped and stored or placed in the freezer.
- Check that all items in the freezer are dated and labeled