If you celebrate Christmas in July, then this will be a big month for you in terms of organising functions and presents. Between July and September I start setting up a gift closet. I got this one from Mum who was an absolute master at having her Christmas shopping done by the end of November.
- Find a storage location for gift storage. A closet, shelf, drawer whatever works at your place.
- Locate all saved gift items and place them in your “gift closet”.
- Make an inventory of stored gifts.
- As you add gifts to the gift closet, note new additions on the gift closet inventory.
- Review the master gift list and match gifts to recipients. Cross off “given” items.
- Shop year round to restock the gift closet.
It is now time to start thinking about those Christmas crafts too.
- Stock up on supplies while you can still get cheap items at the sales
- Plan what you intend to make, how many, and when you need them done by. Are they gifts? Items for the home? Or both?